Exploring The Old Crow Distillery

Home/Uncategorized/Exploring The Old Crow Distillery

Exploring The Old Crow Distillery

This weekend I was invited to the opening of Deviant Distillers which is located at the former location of Old Crow Distillery.

There is a lot of work to be done before production begins but I had the opportunity to explore the remains of the previous distillery.  For me this was a photographers paradise.  Enjoy the photos!

About the Author:

7 Comments

1. David Meier March 26, 2014 at 10:04 pm - Reply

Yes it is true we bought the Old Crow Distillery (the part not still owned by Jim Beam) and we intend to renovate things, but not to try to turn it into a major distillery. We will have a micro-distillery and winery there and will try to get the old buildings into good shape. We welcome visitors and others. Feel free to contact me.
    David

• Gloria Ferreira June 23, 2014 at 2:45 pm - Reply

Hi David, I am interested in a photograph project for my masters degree. Are you welcoming photographers/models?

• David Meier July 2, 2014 at 6:56 pm - Reply

Hi Gloria,
        We are offering a tour of the distillery for photographs through the company Abandoned. It is a paid tour.

Contact

[email protected]

2. Doug Widner March 29, 2014 at 1:44 pm - Reply

Really appreciate to know OCD has a future! Jim M.: Your pics are beautiful. David: Jim’s pics make us viscerally understand how much work you have to do! But the Bourbon Trail is rebirthing all the time and we are glad you’ve joined the tribe of reclamators that add to Kentucky pride!

3. David Meier March 29, 2014 at 9:31 pm - Reply

Anything worth doing takes extra effort! So this is going to be awesome! We are going to go back to the days of Crow and make a product similar to what he would have made using a pot still. In Crow’s day there was no continuous still and I am sure the product was better. Glad to be preserving a part of history for KY.

4. Doug Widner March 29, 2014 at 10:52 pm - Reply

Can’t wait, David (though I know I’m going to have to!)

5. Ryan June 24, 2014 at 9:44 am - Reply

Hi,
    I am currently looking at this site as a potential for my architecture thesis project. Would you mind sending me an email so I could get some specifics to help me get a little better idea of the buildings and site? My email is rmcguinness22[at]gmail[dot]com